Muker Hall and the Literary Institute lower meeting room are both available for hiring for an evening, half or full day either separately or in conjunction. Muker is an ideal place for professional development activities or social occasions. It has been used for:
- wedding and christening receptions and funeral teas
- relaying services such as funerals or weddings from the adjacent St Marys Church
- formal seated dinners and lunches
- professional development activities such as seminars and workshops
- art exhibitions
- recording the latest Muker Silver Band CD
- concerts by Muker Silver Band and a local folk band
- a base for walking groups
The Hall has:
- a fully equipped kitchen for use either by the hirer or by commercial caterers (we have a list of local caterers who are familiar with and regularly use the hall),
- male and female toilets,
- an overhead projector and drop down screen with PA and multi media facilities (please note we do not currently have Wi-Fi, but have plans to in the future)
- capacity to seat up to 120 people in audience style or 80 at rectangular tables.
The Institute has a single room with seating for 30 people in audience style. Whilst it has no catering or toilet facilities, there are public toilets close by and several eating facilities referred to above. It can also be used as a separate adjunct workshop room by conference organisers based in the Hall.
Both the Hall and the Institute facilities are quiet facilities with lovely views of the countryside and close to a number of short walks including through the well-known Muker meadows which are ideal for short breaks from workshop activities. They also benefit from :
- on-road parking available round the village or, where there are significant numbers, in the council run car park in the village
- several bed and breakfast facilities in, and near, the village, as well as holiday cottages and a nearby campsite
- a pub in the village that serves lunch and evening menus
- a teashop serving lunches and snacks
- a Craft Gallery which serves coffee and snacks.
The current rates for hiring are:
Hall per day (excluding evening) without kitchen £80
Hall per day (excluding evening) with kitchen £110
Hall per half day (excluding evening) without kitchen £50
Hall per half day with kitchen £65
Hall per evening without kitchen £60
Hall per evening with kitchen £75
Institute per day £30
Institute per half day £10
Institute per evening £10
Special rates are available for periods longer than a day and for a combined hiring of the hall and institute. You can download Muker Village hall booking form and hiring conditions.
If you have any questions about potential hiring or wish to explore possible availability, please use the contacts here